3D Studio max 8 and Blitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3D Studio max 8 and Blitz3D

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#1]
Is there a way to export from max8 to b3d?(I need the skin and animation of the bones to)
I would also like to know the fileformat of b3d... is there any place where I could see it?
Maybe I will make my own plugin :P

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#2]
Not sure about Max 8 but B3d Pipeline is what we lesser Max people are using.

http://www.onigirl.com/pipeline/

"Export Bones - Export bones/vertex weights. Supports Skin, Max Bones and Biped (NOT Physique)."

B3d File Format is found here:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/sdkspecs/sdkspecs.php

IPete2.

You need to read the docs to make sure this does what you need it to.

Sanctus(Posted 2006) [#3]
Well B3d Pipeline doesn't suport max8...
But... with the specs u gave me I will try to make a exporter for all us max r8 users ;)
Geez hope it will work

AdrianT(Posted 2006) [#4]
um, yest it does

Pipeline works fine in max 8, you just have to apply the Max 6 patch as max 8 is backwards compatible with 7 and 6.

The author of B3D pipeline stopped working on it a couple of years ago and hasn't updated the web page. But I have been using B3D Pipeline with Max 8 since Max 8 was released.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#5]
Cool Im glad I know that it works now. I only have version 5.1 but I want to upgrade when I get a decent project in.

IPete2.

YellBellzDotCom(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hello, Im using max7 and Ultimate unwrap 3d. I got a plugin from Ultimate Unwrap 3d so I can export max files to UU3d. The cool thing about UU3d is that it can save as .b3d, milkshape, directx and many other formats. Just an FYI in case the Pipeline doesnt work out.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah I have to agree the best way to get a none animated file out of Max for B3d is via UU3D. It generally saves the day when something is being awkward.

IPete2.

seferey(Posted 2006) [#8]
I've used the b3dexport from some website which I forgot about
but the plugin I got takes any model you made in 3ds max 6 and
8 not to mention it saves animation and texture detail plus you can preview it with a b3d viewer made from b3d engine

the only thing is that when you install the plugin which by the guy who made this 3ds max 6 plugin said that it might not work in 3ds max 8 but after istalling it with the 3ds max 6 update it works perfectly

www.onigirl.com/pipeline/