Getting Graphics

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Getting Graphics

luke101(Posted 2006) [#1]
Just want to know how do you guys find or create the right graphics. I am a novice at paintshop pro and wanted to use graphics that is already made. I am looking for 2D graphis

I also need ideas of where to get music and sound effects. If you learned how to create your own plz share how you learned how.

If you are a person that creates your own graphics how did you learn and where did you learn it at?

QuickSilva(Posted 2006) [#2]
I am self taught and would advise using your own graphics over premade ones any day of the week. Creating something decent, like most things in life that are worth doing, is not easy and will take time to master but it will be worth your time and effort in the long run. Still you can always use premade stuff to get your game up and running and then replace it later which is actually good practice anyway.

Jason.

Matty(Posted 2006) [#3]
I usually buy my graphics from various sources, although I also make my own, which are very much 'programmer art'. Using quality tools can help improve your quality of graphics.

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#4]

If you are a person that creates your own graphics how did you learn and where did you learn it at?

I have good freehand drawing skills (top scores at school every year), then got myself BA in Architecture, and have now used Photoshop professionaly 8 years... these make a reasonable good start but I'm still learning every day.

There is no easy way to learn gfx stuff... right tools, some talent and LOTS of practice usually works but it takes time.

luke101(Posted 2006) [#5]
could you guys suggest any good books for creating GIF or PNG 2D sprites. I have some experience in paintshop.

Is there any website tutorials online that I can learn from?

NA(Posted 2006) [#6]
When you use paint shop pro when you go to save look at the Save type as box and the drop down arrow on the right and make sure to save as either .bmp or .jpg image type. That way Blitz Basic3D can recognize the graphics it won't the .psp format.

I like using Adobe Illustrator better you have to save things as save for web page then go to the box saying Settings: use the drop down list and go to PNG-24 make sure the box saying transparency is clicked and save as a .png image. That works in Blitz Basic3D too I like this program better you can do all kinds of things with it.

Have fun