Loading .x objects

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Loading .x objects

SkyCube(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello everyone,

I am having a very weird problem with Blitz. Just last night I was trying loading a .x object I spent weeks modelling into Blitz, to see how the Blitz engine handles it. All went smoothly, the object looks good. Content, I turn off my computer (I put it in Hibernate, that way it boots up faster). This morning, when I load up the blitz code I made just last night to see the object within blitz, the objects vertices appear all stretched out, making the object unrecognizable from its original shape.

Does anyone have any idea what might've caused this? Could it have been the Hibernation I put my computer to turn it off? Please help!

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
Reboot?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#3]
Ditto.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#4]
heh, just what I was going to suggest. :P I've never liked that hibernate mode thing.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#5]
Yeah, when I used to use Hibernate, it would sometimes give me really weird results on whatever application was running when it came back on, and I'd have to reboot. So, I stopped using that "feature."

SkyCube(Posted 2006) [#6]
The thing is, I always close all open apps before hibernating, so I don't understand how this is possible. Still, your suggestion worked. Rebooting is all that I had to do to get my model back. Thanks!

GfK(Posted 2006) [#7]
Yeah, when I used to use Hibernate, it would sometimes give me really weird results on whatever application was running when it came back on
It also used to completely knacker the filesystem on Iomega Zipdrives some years ago.