Screen Savers

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Screen Savers

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#1]
How do I make my blitz "games" (there is no input) into my screen saver?

GfK(Posted 2006) [#2]
rename myexe.exe to myexe.scr, and put it in c:\WINDOWS\system32

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#3]
Thanks for your answer. I know this might be a really dumb question, but how do I save my blitz files as .exe?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#4]
You need to have purchased blitz. You can't create .exe files from the demo version of blitz.

If you have bought it then click in the IDE, PROGRAM >>> CREATE EXECUTABLE

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#5]
Thanks for your answer! But I figured out how to save as .exe soon after I posted my last post. Sorry about that. I'm still trying to figure out how to convert the .exe to .scr though. Can you help?

Thanks

Myrmydon(Posted 2006) [#6]
I think I saw a program that helped you do this written in blitzbasic on this site years ago. Try searching

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#7]
All you have to do is rename the executable to "yournamehere.scr" and ignore the warning message. Also, you should check the command line when the program starts up, with /C being the options for the screensaver and /S being the actual screensaver:
If CommandLine$() <> "" Then                                ; If Parameter is present then 
  If Upper(Left$(CommandLine$(),2)) = "/C" Then Configure() ;  check if Screensaver Configuration shall be executed
  If Upper(Left$(CommandLine$(),2)) = "/S" Then Start()     ;  or Screensaver itself should be started  
EndIf

You should also put a delay(1) in the main loop to make sure that other programs running when the screensaver turns on still get cpu time. Also, you should terminate the main loop with any mouse movement, mouse press, or key press.

I think there is a tutorial somewhere on this site (where I got my info)

EDIT: couldn't find tutorial, here is a framework to add to:

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#8]
the tutorial is here
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=40379

Nathaniel(Posted 2006) [#9]
Thanks everyone!!