Victory Is Mine! Give My Creature Life!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Victory Is Mine! Give My Creature Life!

Gladen(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hello All!
Last Week, I completed my first simple, but actual, game in Blitz3D.
I had asked several questions here on the forums (from the simple and idiotic to the advanced) and got such great response and help that I wanted to thank everyone for helping me.
The game is a simple 3D maze game. You're in a maze and you have so much time to get to the finish line.

3D, mouse support, background music, sound effects. I feel like I just climbed Everest!

Again, thank you everyone for all of the help. Having made a simple version, I am now going to expand it to different levels, and make things cooler.

Once again, thank you everyone for your help, suggestions, and enthusiastic support when I was making this.
~~Gladen

Gamzman(Posted 2006) [#2]
People are so helpful here, I'm having some teething problems myself being an ex DBP user the migration is very tedious, but I'm loving it!

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#3]
Cool man, good luck and all the best with that project!

ashmantle(Posted 2006) [#4]
Congrats Gladen. I know the feeling! :)

big10p(Posted 2006) [#5]
At last - someone starting off small and building on it, instead of jumping right in and trying to write a flippin' full on MMORPG (or whatever they're called). :P

puki(Posted 2006) [#6]
Yeh.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#7]
It's great to hear someone has completed a project. Congrats!

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#8]
lucky, I still have yet to finish any project. Just been screwing around with blitz and finnally started a month or two ago on a project i intend to finish soon, i hope. Glad to hear your news

Gladen(Posted 2006) [#9]
n8r2k, keep the faith! Make things as small projects to do what your ultimate goal is. I have a grandiose game in mind and used my maze game as a stepping stone to get the technique I need to accomplish my next step.

Step samll, but never stop walking, and you'll be giving lectures on theory in no time.

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#10]
thanks. ill keep that in mind.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#11]
I'm working on a B3D dungeon-crawler, 1st person, real-time. I've bought Milkshape3D for making my "monsters", but I'm just learning. Anybody interested in doing low-polygon animated "monsters"?