The Blommunity

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/The Blommunity

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#1]
The Blitz Community, which I cleverly named The Blommunity to get people to read this topic (I notice no one noticed my posts on the sticky topic that not even the moderators pay attention to), seems to be declining.

What happened to the Incredible Edible Monthly Newsletter that Blitz used to "publish"?

What happened to the weekly contests and such (i.e. Best No-Graphics Game, Best Sci-Fi Game)?

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#2]
Alot of people have moved onto BMax now and left poor 'ol blitz3d alone :o) Well, most of the most knowledgeble and skillful ones.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#3]
Poor ol' Blitz3D.

But I meant that the site in general is less exciting.

Thanks for listening.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#4]
i'll stick to b3d. bmax is no option for me at the moment.

RiverRatt(Posted 2006) [#5]
Me too. And Buggy, I have added something new to the comunity project. This stuff takes time. Perhaps it is time though to start a new sticky for it.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#6]
What happened to the Incredible Edible Monthly Newsletter that Blitz used to "publish"?
All people ever did was A) Complain about it being a few days late, and B) Complain about it being a newsletter with little or no actual news in it (I did point B myself, renaming it 'Snoozeletter' - ain't I funny? :). So they stopped doing it.

What happened to the weekly contests and such (i.e. Best No-Graphics Game, Best Sci-Fi Game)?
That used to happen on Blitzcoder - not here. Blitzcoder's gone now, too, and was replaced by codersworkshop. Handy site if threads like "Today I Are Haveing Caek For My Tee YAY!" take your fancy.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#7]
lol

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#8]
/me logs on to blitzcoder

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#9]
I haven't been to Blitzcoder for a while. I found this site to be more, well, Blitz-oriented. Blitzcoder has Blitz as only one of many programming languages. Here, Blitz is all that matters. I suupose that if I were to try my hand at C/C++, for instance, I would naturally visit Blitzcoder for help. I guess the site you frequent wil be the one that has what interests you the most.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#10]
Blommunity? That's a sillier term than 'blogosphere.'

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#11]
Blitzcoder, is now codersworkshop.com

n8r2k(Posted 2006) [#12]
buggy, i have been noticing the opposite. There seems to have been a lot of new hands in the beginners forums lately.

I asked about the newsletter too, i only got like one issue. but it was pretty disappointing so I dont really care.

I will be sticking with blitz3d for a while, as there seems to be a war going in in blitzmax. That was very interesting though. I think that this site is still fairly exciting.

codersworkshop is not nearly as personal as this site and i hardly ever visit it. only to go browsing through tools and such.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#13]
Ahem, well, yes, I meant, Codersworkshop.

Buggy(Posted 2006) [#14]
I agree: Codersworkshop is not as wonderful as this happy place.

I thought I remembered contests and such on this site, but my mind could easily have gotten confused.

For one, I liked the newsletter. But why can't we have contests and such since this site is much better than Codersworkshop (and since I don't want to have to create a username there too)?

By the way, what war is going on with BlitzMax?

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#15]
I don't really know anything about codersworkshop. Because of blitzcoder I've not bothered going anywhere other than here to discuss Blitz; that site made my eyes bleed.

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#16]
Mind you, I'm not speaking badly about codersworkshop. It seems like a pretty good site. It's just that it's focus is spread out over multiple programming languages, and not on Blitz in particular.