sprite... I hate sprite...

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/sprite... I hate sprite...

ingenium(Posted 2006) [#1]
And the sprite hates me... Sob...Yes I know that it's a very stupid problem but i have a sprite used as an atmosphere (look at the screenshots) and when I rotate the camera I can see the planet (deformated) under it.... yes I'm not very clear but look at the screenshots

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#2]
Set the entity order of the sprite to be higher than the entity order of the planet. That should sort it. So:

EntityOrder planet_mesh,0
EntityOrder atmosphere_sprite,1

SheepOnMintSauce(Posted 2006) [#3]
I think this is because the sprite is halfway through the planet, and when the camera moves around the side of the planet, the sprite is turning to face the camera so the sprite is altering the colour of the planet showing behind it.

Oops.. =)

ingenium(Posted 2006) [#4]
No I can't see the atmosphere if i use
--EntityOrder atmosphere_sprite,1--
Edit: The sprite MUST be in the middle of the planet....

Pongo(Posted 2006) [#5]
You need to give your stars an entity order also, otherwise that mesh will cover the atmosphere.

GfK(Posted 2006) [#6]
No I can't see the atmosphere if i use
--EntityOrder atmosphere_sprite,1--
Edit: The sprite MUST be in the middle of the planet....
Are you using a skybox/sphere for the stars? Did you set the EntityOrder of that to 1 also? If so, its likely that your sykbox is still being drawn after the planet atmosphere (explaining why you can't see it). Set the entityOrder of the skybox to 99 or something to make sure it gets drawn before everything else, then do what RossC said.

[edit] Pongo types faster than I do.

ingenium(Posted 2006) [#7]
Oh... ehm... mmh... ok now I should look like as a lamer...
Edit: Ah... I've forgotten: Thnx!!!!

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#8]
Artemis: Your sig, translated: "All Gaul is divided into three parts, one of which the Belgae inhabit, the Aquitani another, the third, those who in their own language are called Celts, in our Gauls"?
This is the first sentence of Caesar's Gallic Wars.

ingenium(Posted 2006) [#9]
Excellent!!! It's strange to see the first sentence of the "De Bello Gallico" in english...I'm not a british but a "latin" (Italian boy :) )...
But I can't find out where your sig came from...
Edit: But You haven't translated "Ave Atque Vale Caesar"... Do you want a cue? :)