Thank You Everyone

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Thank You Everyone

Gladen(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi Again!
I just wanted to say thank you to everyone here. The tutorials I've been steered to are great. The help from everyone is awesome. Each time I post something I get the answers I need, options, and I learn things about the BLitz3D language that are most helpful.
I am about 50% done with my first real game...not an experiemnt to learn something. And I'm really excited.

Again, thank you everyone for being some of the best-informed, most-polite, and in general, the best people in any forum anywhere.

I hope that once i get beyond the novice level W/ Blitz3D that my decades of doing low-level programming of boring business applications will be able to allow me to be as helpful and as fun as eveyrone here is.

I'll post my finished (boring) game when I have it done (in the proper forum) for everyone to review.

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#2]
Yeah, I have to agree with you: the Blitz community is the best I've run across.

Kudos to all!

puki(Posted 2006) [#3]
Personally, I'm glad some people have stayed with B3D. Although, I fear they will move on when Max3D and/or Cobra come along.

Will be a bad scenario in the future if nobody answers any help in the B3D forums.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#4]
Yep, this is a very good community. You can even get answers to your questions quicker than posting on IRC, sometimes. :)

I, personally, have no plans to dump blitz3D, although, I probably will give bmax a go when it's more stable, and has a 3D module. So, that's at least a year or two. :P

My current project is looking just the way I envisioned it with DX7/blitz3D, so I don't see a need to 'upgrade', yet.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#5]

I probably will give bmax a go when it's more stable, and has a 3D module. So, that's at least a year or two.

Know what's scary?

I'll have known of Max for 8 years at that point!

I first heard of BlitzMax in 2000 when i went to college, of course, it was just an idea back then, but my god, 8 years and it's finally here? O.O

Dreamora(Posted 2006) [#6]
BlitzMax is here. But 3D Module is not. If you want to do 3D, you have to write your own engine in OpenGL / DirectX or use one like Eliza3D or Irrlicht throug the Irrlicht Wrapper.

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#7]
I know Bmax is here :P but it was only last year it came out. it's still amazing that it's existence has been known of for so long.