Blender to Blitz

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Blender to Blitz

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have been creating my meshes in Blender (this is the first time I've used blender), and they are all finished. I exported them to a .3ds file format, but when Blitz tried to open them, Blitz made an illegal memory acsess and had to quit. When I exported them in a .X format, Blitz did not have any errors, but the blitz viewer thingy did not have anything in it. I am frusterated, would anybody please tell me how to export from Blender so Blitz can read it?

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#2]
I've had success exporting .x files from Blender as DirextX (not DirectX8).

Maybe this thread will help:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=56067&hl=blender

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#3]
If you double click on the file, does the blitz program that runs see the object? I will try exporting to wings and then using devorater to convert to b3d as well.

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#4]
It's been a while so I don't remember. I know that I didn't convert the file in any way.

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#5]
when I export as .X and try to load in decorater it comes up with message stating: "Error: this file does not contain any geometry Please check the file and try again". When I export as .3ds and try to load in decorater windows comes up with a problem and has to close the program. This is getting very annoing.

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#6]
Hi DougG,

I remembered last time I got "Error: this file does not contain any geometry Please check the file and try again" when I created a room without textures in maplet. Then I add some default texture to it in maplet, decorator opens the models successfully. Did your model has any textures?

Sammy
:)

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#7]
No, I do not. I will try that.

mindstorms(Posted 2006) [#8]
It workes! I was able to export it with a texture in the .X file format without animations! This will work for now, thanks everyone!

Duckstab[o](Posted 2006) [#9]
Yep as far as i remember it needs texture pointers to work

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#10]
Hi DougG,

Could you tell us if we create animation in Blender and export to .x, could it be used in Blitz3d directly? (I just start using Blender.)

Thanks in advance.
Sammy
:)