Add .bb to OS Shell?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Add .bb to OS Shell?

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#1]
Bit techy, but Im guessing it shouldn't be too difficult in Windows XP to add a .bb file to the NEW FILETYPES menu (i.e. when you Right-Click within a window and select "New..." from the shell menu)

Anyone able to help?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#2]
its under "C:\Documents and Settings\<NAME>\SENDTO\"

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#3]
Um... what???

Sorry - I dont think you understood my question, or Ive misunderstood your reply!!!

I think I need to work within the Control Panel - Appearance And Themes - Folder Options. Maybe add a registry setting somewhere.

Ive done this before when I somehow lost the New Bitmap Image item, but I cant for the life of me remember how to do it!

Trixx(Posted 2006) [#4]
Here is how to do it...

The easy way - wait for my new IDE for BB, it has an option to put that shortcut for you.It will be released in 1 or 2 weeks :)
The "hard" way - open regedit, go to HKEY_CLASSES_ROOT\ .bb
Add SubKey named 'ShellNew' and in that subkey add string value named 'NullFile'

I think that you are familiar with editing registry keys. If not, don't blame me if anything goes wrong :)

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#5]
That's great Trixx thanks! I remember something like that now!

And nice plug! :D

------------------------------------------

EDIT:

It still doesn't work.

I've created the SubKey in the right place, and added the StringData and named everything accordingly, but my list still isnt populated :(

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2006) [#6]
Whoops, My mistake :D I totally misread your question :)

Genexi2(Posted 2006) [#7]
Could always do it my way, create new text document, and rename the extenstion to ".bb".

>.>

Trixx(Posted 2006) [#8]
@Malice: Also, you must have some program associated with BB files. What IDE you are using ?
Are you on WinXP ?

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#9]
No worries, Cygnus :) It happens, mate!

Genexi2 - Yeah, that's how Im coping currently (Im just getting lazy I guess hehe)

Trixx - Im using the standard IDE (Im very used to it now) So the filetype association is there, it's just creating an initial .bb File.
And yeah, Windows XP (Home version)

_PJ_(Posted 2006) [#10]
bump - (sorry)

Any ideas?