Executables

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Executables

Farflame(Posted 2006) [#1]
Sorry if this is a dumb question but....

I've created my executable. If I double-click it, it runs fine.

So then I've tried to create a fully-installable program using Inno installer. When I install and run my progam, I get a memory access violation. I can only assume this means that I'm missing a file or something, but I've checked and I don't think I am.

I AM using 2 .dll's. First time round, I didn't add these to the installer program and I got a 'user lib' error when Blitz tried to start the program. So I added them, and now I'm getting a MAV. So..... I guess what I'm asking is, where would I add the .dll's in the installer??

Ice9(Posted 2006) [#2]
Check the "Start in" path in the shortcut on the menu.
It should have the directory where you installed the .exe

There is a variable in inno script that allows you to set
the "Start in" path of a shortcut.

you just add the .dll's as files to be installed in the same
folder as the .exe

[Icons]
Name: "{userdesktop}\ESP"; Filename: "{app}\ESP.EXE"; WorkingDir: "{app}"
Name: "{group}\ESP "; Filename: "{app}\ESP.EXE"; WorkingDir: "{app}"
Name: "{userdesktop}\ESP UpdateTool"; Filename: "{app}\ESP UpdateTool.EXE"; WorkingDir: "{app}"
Name: "{group}\ESP UpdateTool"; Filename: "{app}\ESP UpdateTool.EXE"; WorkingDir: "{app}"
Name: "{group}\{cm:UninstallProgram,ESP}"; Filename: "{uninstallexe}"

big10p(Posted 2006) [#3]
I always make this the first line of my blitz EXEs:
ChangeDir SystemProperty("appdir")

This'll ensure your prog works, even when started from a shortcut.

Note that with this line in, you'll get a MAV when running from the IDE. Only add it when building an executable.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#4]
yup, thats the case with INo installer, but if you try to use INSTALL CREATOR (FREE) you will see that everything is smooth as silk, and if your Blitzprogram working properly before installer generation, it will work fine also after INSTALL CREATOR setup file generation...anyway, I do agree with big10p, you should put 'ChangeDir SystemProperty("appdir")' at begin of your aplication..but even without that it will work later with INSTALL CREATOR..

Farflame(Posted 2006) [#5]
Ah excellent, thanks guys :)