biped movement transformed back

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/biped movement transformed back

jwe(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a biped animated model which walks some distance.
If i use this in bb3d, the model walks correct but after the animation is finished, it is transformed
back to the old position, so during the animation, the entityx/y/z coordinates are not changed/updated.
What can i do ?
Thanks for any help

big10p(Posted 2006) [#2]
Just have the animation 'walking on the spot' and then actually move the entity around in-code, using the MoveEntity command, etc.

jwe(Posted 2006) [#3]
Its better and more realistic having the animation move the model, not moving it in the code.
Any other idea ?

jwe(Posted 2006) [#4]
But btw: How can i do a animation 'move on the spot' in 3ds max ?

big10p(Posted 2006) [#5]
Well, I think you'll find the way I suggested is the standard way of doing things. Doing it your way is full of pitfalls/limitations, one of which you've already discovered.

As for 3ds Max: I have no idea - I don't have that app.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#6]
within 3DSMAX you should enable ANIM key and then select each keyframe corresponding to MOVEMENT transformation and simply delete it...better way to do this is to go to CURVE EDITOR and easy looking at transformation keys you need (movement transformation keyframes ) and then delete them..of course I dont know whats the hierarchy within your animated model, so basically things I said just now is for root node..but whatever is it, you have to disable/delete movement keys and thats it..