Demo Doesn't Show Up

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Demo Doesn't Show Up

alloidgames(Posted 2006) [#1]
In a game I'm creating, I need a 3D Spherical terrain creator. I found a great looking one included in the B3D demos, under "birdie\Spherical Landscapes\testbed.bb," and was going to show it to my friend who is collaborating on the game with me. I compiled it as a .exe (and included all the needed files) and sent it to him, but it won't show up on his computer.

Apparently the text shows up, but not globe. When he button mashes, it'll flash (button mashing solves everything), but then go away.

I was thinking about incorporating this into a big game, but if it doesn't work on most computers I'll have to find a workaround. Why would this not be showing up? Could his graphics card be too old?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#2]
Could be an graphics card dirver problem (update!), or maybe something with SetBuffer and / or Flip.

Can you post the sourcecode?

alloidgames(Posted 2006) [#3]
The source code is really long and files are needed with it, so you can download the whole folder as a .zip at www.alloidgames.com/Spherical_Texture.zip with the source code included as well as a .exe file for it, if that may be the cause.

The controls are:

A - Zoom in
Z - Zoom Out
Arrow Keys - Rotate
<Space> - Terraform

And I added in the source code:

W - Toggle wireframe mode
M - Toggle between viewing the map and the standard grey wireframe.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#4]
Nowt wrong here Xp Pro with GFx440mx

Andy(Posted 2006) [#5]
It works fine here - WinME, Radeon 9800 Pro(driver ver. 4.14 - OLD)

>I was thinking about incorporating this into a big game,

Don't forget that either David Byrd or Idigicon owns the rights to that particular code, so a credit to either would propably be very well received.

>but if it doesn't work on most computers I'll have to find
>a workaround. Why would this not be showing up? Could his
>graphics card be too old?

How can we help you when you haven't yet provided your friends specs including OS and driver versions?

Andy