Copyright

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Copyright

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#1]
I have a problem.
The function Copyright() doesn't work.
Can anbody help me?
Flo01

big10p(Posted 2006) [#2]
What in God's holy name are you talking about?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#3]
A function named "Copyright()" is not part of the command set, at least not of Blitz3D.

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#4]
I have placed a similar screen on my program. However, this was written as the first segment of my program, once you start the program. Of course, if you write it as a function, then you may run into problems. If it's the first screen of your game, then it will work. That's the way I did things in my game, and there's no problem. Unless your function is part of the main loop, you may run into things.

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#5]
Post your code so we can help.

Remember, obscure questions receive obscure answers.

jhocking(Posted 2006) [#6]
I have a problem.
The function CreateGame() doesn't work.
Can anybody help me?

kragoth74(Posted 2006) [#7]
Lol

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#8]
I have a bigger problem:-
MakeLivingBeingCoder() won't work.

Sorry, Flo01.

Naughty Alien(Posted 2006) [#9]
Create_AAA_title_3DGame(Blitz3D%) doesnt work...any suggestions?

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#10]
cmon, he's new, show some respect. Probably he only confused a built in function with a custom function. How about

function Copyright(txt$)
 text graphicswidth()/2,graphicsheight()/2,txt$,1,1
 waitkey()
end function

Shambler(Posted 2006) [#11]
Then again our new friend may be german and having a freudian slip and when he says CopyRight he actually meant CopyRect? since rect is similar to recht? or maybe I'm looking into it too deeply ;) lol

If so then please look at http://www.blitzbasic.com/b3ddocs/command.php?name=CopyRect&ref=2d_a-z

Braincell(Posted 2006) [#12]
Maybe it was just a joke about how there is a "Copyright()" sign written at the end of the function refference list?

John Blackledge(Posted 2006) [#13]
Sorry Flo. Igmore these jokers.
Perhaps you should ask your question again, a different way.

big10p(Posted 2006) [#14]
My post was a bit harsh. :/ I didn't mean to offend Flo01. I just have a pet hate of super-vague questions being asked. I also didn't realize that English isn't Flo01's native language. Sorry.

Try again, Flo01. :)

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#15]
I've tried this Code example:
; DLL2.BB
Copyright(0,"Blitz Basic Test#DLL-Test","This is a testprogramm",0)

I've read it in a book. There a picture where the pogramm ran normally.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#16]
So it turns out copyright is a function of an external DLL.
It seems you need to have the correct .DLL and .decls file too. To identify the required dll you may search for a ".decls" file that contains the "copyright" function declaration. In the first line of this .decls file you can see the name of the dll. Copy the dll to your blitz sources folder and the decls file to the folder "userlibs" in the Blitz3D installation folder.

(Well, it seems to be this way if this function isn't part of the blitz sourcecode, which is what I assume.)

octothorpe(Posted 2006) [#17]
I think that's a fair assumption given the name of the source code file.

Andy(Posted 2006) [#18]
Why would you need a dll to display a copyright text?

Andy

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#19]
Maybe a win api alert. I think it's just a demonstration on how to use external functions.

Well, only Flo could tell us :)

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#20]
Thank you, jfk EO-11110!
Now, the programm runs noramlly.
And yes, it was only a demonstration to use extrenal functions.
For everybody, who is interrested in: the data should have inside:
.lib "Shell32.dll"
Copyright(hWnd%,szApp$,szOtherStuff$,hIcon%) : "ShellAboutA"

and the programmcode:

Copyright("0,Blitz Basic test#DLL Test","Blitz Basic forever!,0")
End

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#21]
Ok, I see. Thanks for sharing.

BTW since this DLL is part of windows (and located inside the windows system folder) you don't need to copy it to your programs folder, like I said earlier. Well in fact a DLL may be: inside your programs folder, inside the decls folder or inside the windows system(32) folder. For custom DLLs you distribute with your app it may be most userfriendly to have it inside your programs folder and not to copy it to the windows folder, as a lot of installations do (I hate it).

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#22]
is it "Spiele programmieren mit BlitzBasic" in german, you are reading Flo01? :)

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#23]
Yes, I've read it one year ago.

KimoTech(Posted 2006) [#24]
cool! Me too.. Heh.. Im a 14 years old boy from south denmark, and i read it in a week. I found it very interesting, and now i'm a lucky blitz3d programmer. :)

Flo01(Posted 2006) [#25]
I'm a 13 years old boy from austria.I found it very interesting too. But I only write games in 2D.
You're the only boy, I know who is not over 18 years.

W(Posted 2006) [#26]
Young Ones Im a 17 year old from Southern Ohio, and I read it over 2 years ago, Blitz Basic 2D is what got me interested in programming, and now I am a 3d programmer!!

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#27]
How about:
 Print "Copyright 2006 Sir Gak (Click Mouse to continue)":mousewait()

Of course, you must put in Sir Gak for ALL your code, so that I get all your copyrights to all your works bwa ha ha ha!!! (Sorry, got carried away by the sheer genius of it all)((Bwa ha ha)) Sorry again, got carried away, period. "They're coming to take me away, ha ha, they're coming to take me away, hoo-hoo- hee-hee ha-ha, to the funny farm where life is beautiful all the time, and I'll be happy to see those nice young men in their clean white coats, and they're coming to take me away, ha-ha!" (((Oops, that's snippet is surely copyrighted! Yikes!))))

Oh, never mind. I recant. :)