Gui?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Gui?

Jazz(Posted 2006) [#1]
Actually I have two questions. The first one relates to the title:
1) What GUI library (shareware or otherwise) is still being supported and does a decent job? I just bought F-UI 3D and have had a few problems so wondered whether I'd bought the wrong one. I'm not bagging it btw - I've probably not done something I should have and am waiting on the author to get back in contact.

This sort of leads me to my next question:
2) Just bought Blitz3D today and although I'm really impressed with it, I get the impression that it's possibly a "dying product". What I mean is that there doesn't seem to be that much activity going on with it. All the research I've done says this is much better than DarBASIC Pro. Anyway when the userbase moves on (no matter how good the product is), the product stagnates and next thing you know there is very little support around and the only people left are the die-hard fans. Had this happen to me a few times in the past. :)

Having said that though, I am usually of the philosophy that if a development package does what you want (which this does), then to heck with everything else. I guess I'm more curious than anything else. Will use B3D regardless of the answer.

t3K|Mac(Posted 2006) [#2]
i will use b3d as long as no better package (stability, 3d-features, ...) hits the streets. maybe its going to be bmax3d, cobra or whatever. i am happy with b3d in its current state.

Jazz(Posted 2006) [#3]
Good. Glad to hear it! :) I like B3D too - a lot. It seems to be fairly powerful for something that isn't low level. I just don't enjoy low(er) level coding anymore which is why I've been trying to find something along the lines of Game Maker, but for 3D.

Jazz(Posted 2006) [#4]
Ok no need to answer question a) anymore. I'm using F-UI 3D and am very happy with the level of support.

Still interested in answer to b), although I'm more than happy for this topic to die. Take care all!