Is there any way to get lighting effects???

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Is there any way to get lighting effects???

W(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hey I just had a new question. I can make models in LIghtwave that are transparent, and have their shininess set, and other lighting effects. Is there any way that Blitz can support these effects, or do I have to still do it all manually in my Blitz-3D programming???

Mustang(Posted 2006) [#2]
Use the excellent Terabits lw->b3d Convertor... then you can set all those in LW and the converted .B3D will have those automagically when loaded.

WolRon(Posted 2006) [#3]
AUTOMAGICALLY!

http://home.cmit.net/rwolbeck/Ronspeaks/Bitch.htm

Yeah, OK. I'll go back to coding now...

Sir Gak(Posted 2006) [#4]
WolRon, LOL. Read your link. On the QWERTY issue, QWERTY was designed to DELIBERATELY slow people down. Because of physical typewriters having to swing a little metal arm up to make a whack on an inked ribbon to transfer ink (in the shape of the arm's head) to a sheet of paper, some typists, who were really fast, could hit two adjacent keys in such rapid succession, that the armswould physically jam together. So, QWERTY was put together to keep the most common letters (whose metal arms which presumably would swing up almost as one, thereby jamming) as far apart as possible, to minimize the likelihood of jams.

In our technological age of computer word-processing, this is no longer a problem, ever (unless you're Superman or the Flash), but the old keep-em-from-jamming-the-arms-QWERTY standard stays with us to this day. With the Dvorak arrangement, virtually every everyone who types would place their fingers (by habit/training/instinct) unconsciously into the QWERY placement to type, so the changeover may never happen. There are too many QWERTY-trained people for whom there would not be enough motivation for them to change.