Where could we download Singularity3.zip?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Where could we download Singularity3.zip?

Happy Sammy(Posted 2006) [#1]
Hi all,

In showcase, there was a link:
www.leadwerks.com/Singularity3.zip
It seems that we could learn a lot from this. Now it is no longer vaild. Could someone guide me where could we download Singularity3.zip?

Thanks in advance.
Sammy
:)

puki(Posted 2006) [#2]
Mmm, Singularity disappeared a while ago. It's a long story - I tried to get hold of this before. Some people do have it.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#3]
Sammy hang tight I'll go and dig it out for you now.

IPete2.

VP(Posted 2006) [#4]
Care to share? I can always host it for public consumption (I'm not aware of any 'long story').

puki(Posted 2006) [#5]
When Mr Bilbo Baggins of Bag End announced that he would shortly be celebrating his eleventy-first birthday...

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#6]
Any news here ? would be very happy for a copy.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#7]
I don't really see what was so special about it really. Take a look at jfk's fps engine :o)

BlitzSupport(Posted 2006) [#8]
I've got Singularity3.03.zip here. The license says it's OK to distribute, but my own web space transfer won't handle loads of people downloading it! If someone here can host it for others (and can take a 5MB file via email), just mail me and I'll be happy to send it.

VP(Posted 2006) [#9]
I can host it without any problems at all.

vinylpusher-at-gmail-dot-com
or
theman-at-stefanholmes-dot-com

If it won't mail, use winrar to split it into 1mb parts and send 5 emails ;)

**EDIT** or email me your MSN, Yahoo or AIM tag and we will arrange a time to transfer via your messenger.

puki(Posted 2006) [#10]
This thing is more secret than a French badger's stamp collection.

Hand it over "Boydy" else me and "Sammy Sausage" will come round and take it.

BlitzSupport(Posted 2006) [#11]
Alienforce beat y'all to it, so will hopefully get it posted soon.

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#12]
www.gizmoteket.se/gizmoteket/post/Singularity3.03.zip

Please read the license.txt and dont forget to credit Halo.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#13]
Sorry guys I was asleep whilst all this was going on... I posted the link to those who asked in the other forum thread - but I could only find version 3.01.

@Ross -

What's so 'special' about this is that you can set up particles, bodies of water, skyboxes, flares, start points, animating doors, moving platforms, lifts and keys using CShop as you build your level, then watch as Singularity does all the work implementing them for you allowing you to get on with the job of making the gameplay.

Singularity and CShop work together to provide a rapid development environment. Once Josh has his new Engine and 3D World Studio is totally complete theywill become the NEXT generation - I for one am very excited about the prospect.

Oh and Singularity has lots of other 'inbuilt' features which you can use to your advantage. Josh fiddled with audio too so that objects which were close but obstructed by walls etc, were reduced in volume giving a more realistic ambient noise response. Also sound on materials as you walked on metal or wood or concrete, were set in CShop, and the list goes on.

The animating doors with keys, lifts, and moving platforms are features I added into Sigularity a while back btw.

IPete2.

puki(Posted 2006) [#14]
Ah wait a minute - I had this previously, but I didn't like it coz I didn't know how to open the door - so I got bored and forgot about it.

Can you actually open the door, or is this a one room demo?

Alienforce(Posted 2006) [#15]
puki: Its just one room demo.

IPete2: Do you have a "mod" version with more functions ?? Do you wish to share it with me :)

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#16]
Alienforce,

If I can find the extra code for it - I'd be happy to share - it's over two years ago since I have seen it all so you may have to be patient. It had some restrictions but the doors and platforms worked really well, as I remember you could travel down on a lift platform but not up! lol.

All was set insdie CShop 3.x but when Josh moved up to 4.x a change was made to the csm which meant to keep up I would have to reintegrate with Singularity - so I didnt at the time.

I'll look for the demos I had - they were pretty cool, I had one room full of test items showing how to set them up and use them.

Keys were hardcoded but empty until you set them via pickups.

IPete2.

Ross C(Posted 2006) [#17]
Yeah, IPete, i'd like to see that. The version i seen didn't contain all these features. My comments were only based on the version i seen. Didn't realise there was more :o)

puki(Posted 2006) [#18]
I'd like to see anything with rooms connected by corridors, so I can wander about a bit.

IPete2(Posted 2006) [#19]
ok,

I'll go looking for the code tomorrow - if I find it I'll post that level so you can play.

IPete2.