streaming .exe's

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/streaming .exe's

malicnite(Posted 2005) [#1]
how can i stream .exe files over bb server to another computer, that is a clinent

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#2]
define "stream"

malicnite(Posted 2005) [#3]
like say i have a game i want to send to some one. and i have a server/client system set up. how would the code go for that. i think i have it but not sure. and how about writing it to a file, do i have to create an .exe file on the client then, then tranfer the data or can i make it as it goes. sorry sounds odd. try your best lol.

malicnite

DH(Posted 2005) [#4]
1. Connect client to server
2. From server, read size of file and send that to client as int
3. At client, read the first int available, use that as the size expected
4. At server, read entire file into a bank
5. At server, use writebytes() to send that bank through the stream
6. at client, keep reading in bytes until you have reached the predetermined size you were expecting (the first int you read).

There you have it

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#5]
malicnite, I've read quite a few of your questions so far and have noticed a trend: you aren't very careful with phrasing things. Consider the amount of effort that people put into replying to your questions and try to expend at least that amount of effort articulating what you want to know.

For example "can i make it as it goes." I have no idea what you're talking about.

DH(Posted 2005) [#6]
I think he is reffering to if he can do it with the code he has. or with blitz period...