Beginners Community Project - c e l l u l a r

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Beginners Community Project - c e l l u l a r

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#1]

Project Starter Source

Cellular is a 3D First Person inner space simulator in which you control D-Bot (a immuno nano bot) to protect cells from attacking viruses and collect powerups.

If viruses infiltrate a cell they multiply and continue to attack other cells. When all the cells have been infected the game is over. Whats starts of relatively slow quickly evolves into an addictive shooting frenzy.

I wrote the core source in under 24 hours. Currently only B3D primitives are used and I see lots of potential with improved effects, graphics, and sound. The community could easily expand the core adding a variety of viruses, cells, dbots, blasters, powerups, and maybe even networked multiplayer.

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#2]
Sounds more like a community mod than a project.

As you've already written most of it beginners are unlikely to learn much. Why not finish it yourself?

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sounds more like a community mod than a project
Perhaps, I'm not sure what defines a mod or project. The source provides enough to get started and there is plenty of room to add. Depending on how th community wants to pursue development, it could end up being a totally different game in the end.
As you've already written most of it beginners are unlikely to learn much. Why not finish it yourself?
I've only provide some basics. Basic collision, particles, enemies and player code. Adding music management, network multiplayer, AI, etc could be a great learning experience.

Ultimately, it would be interesting to see what kind of games evolve out this code and game play concept. Its here for the taking.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#4]
Sounds more like abandonware to me.

Techlord(Posted 2005) [#5]
Sounds more like abandonware to me.
I wrote the game in 24 hours and its complete as far as I'm concern. It could easily be expanded on or modified to create a completely different game. Its here for the taking.