Trouble with the Gun using lightwave

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Trouble with the Gun using lightwave

W(Posted 2005) [#1]
If you couldn't tell from all of my previous questions I am creating a FPS.First Person Shooter that is. Well, to get to the point I can't seem to get the pistol I am making in Lightwave V.8 to appear correctly. When I see it in the game the user can see inside of the pistol and some of the outter textures are distorted. Do any of you Lightwaver's have a good suggestion or a hint for me and my colleagues??

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#2]
1st i would look at the normals are they flipped or simple make it double sided in lightwave
or
it could be your near camera range setting in blitz
CameraRange camera,near#,far#

the texture problem could be multiple Uvs on the same model get rid off all but the uv you use for the texture
or
are there any skelegons in the mesh, ive always had a problem with leaving skelegons in the mesh, the texture seems to want to wrap around the skelegons

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#3]
@scribbla: What the hell is a skelegon?

Open your gun file with Blitz3D using the Open with... command. Then you can rotate and zoom it to better see it. This will help you find out if the problem is due to where you have it positioned on the screen or if the problem is with a badly formed mesh.

If the mesh is badly formed, make sure that all of your polygons are created in a clockwise fashion so that the normals point to the outside. If you don't understand what I mean by that, then look it up on the web or on this site.

scribbla(Posted 2005) [#4]
a skelegon is placeholder for bones, in lightwave you create bones in either the modeler or layout sections
in the modeler section they are skelegons , sounds like a weird way of doing things i know ;)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
if you loaded it with LoadAnimMesh and added entityorder to prevent the gun from colliding visually with walls then it's due to EntityOrder. Instead scale the gun down to something very small and stick it close to the camera and omit entityorder.

EDIT why don't people read the replies to their questions?
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=52463