Human Model Needed

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Human Model Needed

Nexus6(Posted 2005) [#1]
I dont know if I should post this here.

I cant model for sh*t, and i desperately need a jointed model of a human, I've done a search for human models but they all seem to be one mesh. I would preferably want a model were each limb is a seperate mesh, im not particularly bothered about quality (although a human made soley out of blocks may be a bit too primitive) because it will be used soley for me to test my ragdoll code with.

Any offers welcome, or at least a nudge in the right direction were I could find a model.

Thanx

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#2]
Why not just use stretched spheres for testing purposes?

Nexus6(Posted 2005) [#3]
I've done that Stevie, but I now want to see a more realistic representation.

I nearly had my ragdoll editor completed, and my harddrive packed-up (no backup, all work lost)so I have started again, hopefully have it done before I retire (30 years time).

By the way Stevie, do you ever sleep, every time I post, you respond within seconds :-) not that you would be asleep at 12:30 pm UK

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'm kinda housbound atm. Tore all the ligaments / fractured my ankle so been off work for the last 3 weeks. Programming and surfing are probably the only things I can do without it being a mission!!

I'd be interested to see your results though ... I've been messing with verlet for almost a year now ( cars , ragdolls etc.. etc.. ) I'm assuming you're using something similar?

Nexus6(Posted 2005) [#5]
Yes, I got hooked on Verlets after seeing a rope demo done by Bot Builder, I wanted to put some realistic physics into my programs but didn't want to use a Physics lib like ODE but instead just wanted to use Blitz's commands.
Anyway im pretty musch back to basics with my editor, but should hopefully have someting to show in a few weeks.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#6]
I want to have a go at verlet stuff at some point. Anyone got any links to good tuts? I know nothing about verlets ATM so they need to be from the ground up. Also, do you need pretty good math skills to use/understand them? I hope not. :)

Sorry to hijack your thread, Nexus6. :)

Nexus6(Posted 2005) [#7]
This is the GodFather of all Verlet Tut's, This was what the original Blitz Verlet system was converted from :

http://www.gamasutra.com/resource_guide/20030121/jacobson_01.shtml

and heres the code by Bot Builder that got me started :

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#8]
Big10p ... jacobsens tut is indeed where I started too.

One thing which will cause major issues ( well it did for me initially ) is the breaking of some stuctures on hard impact ( a 3d cube for example ). I have developed a simple but failsafe way of detecting & preventing this if you ever need it.

Please give me a shout if you need any help / advice.

Stevie

big10p(Posted 2005) [#9]
Nexus6: Thanks for the link - I'll definately study it when I get around playing with verlets. Got other stuff to finish first, though. :)

Stevie G: Thanks for the offer of help. I may well knock on your door at some point. :)

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2005) [#10]
Say, if you don't mind paying someone for a model check out www.RentACoder.com

Nexus6(Posted 2005) [#11]
Thanks for the link Amanda, but I dont really feel like parting with hard earned cash to buy a model for testing purposes, and for a project that I will probably give away in the end anyway(thats if anyone wants it, and I eventually get it finished).

John Blackledge(Posted 2005) [#12]
Try Psionic's stuff:
www.psionic3d.co.uk/cgi-bin/imageFolio.cgi?direct=Free%20Stuff/3D%20Models