Anyway to use East Asia Characters in Blitz3D

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Anyway to use East Asia Characters in Blitz3D

tumi(Posted 2005) [#1]
Is there anyway to do text box input and display East Asia characters in Blitz3D? or if there is any 3rd party software can do this? thanks in advance.

Amanda Dearheart(Posted 2005) [#2]
Perhaps you should use the term 'font' or 'ASCII character set'. You almost blew me away eith characters, even though your term is more accurate than fonts, but many computer-illiterate prgrammers would not know that.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#3]
The term "characters" is correct. A font will describe a set of glyphs which represent characters visually, and the ASCII character set won't contain Eastern characters.

UTF-8 (a common Unicode encoding) is likely your best bet. No idea if anyone's created any libs for dealing with it. True-type fonts can contain glyphs for Unicode characters, but some cursory testing indicates that Text() and Print() don't support UTF-8 encoding.

tumi(Posted 2005) [#4]
I wonder if there is a way to call a VB DLL which creates a form with an input box since I know VB can do unicode in its text box. After a specific character is detected (like an enter key), this DLL then pass back the DC pointer of that text box and let Blitz display that DC in the graphic mode....