Can't run any blitz program

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Can't run any blitz program

Samina(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all,
I can't run any blitz based programs anymore.
I changed mobo recently, but the harddrive is the same, and it worked before.

I tried uninstalling, cleaning all the files related to blitz from the computer, then reinstalling it.
If I just install version 1.64 it terminates, saying the problem is the ide.exe.
If I update to 1.90, it sais, the problem is blitzcc.exe.
Any ideas?

I would really like to use it again.

(I read the thread with the wrong userlibs and already tried, that's not the problem either)

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
What error message are you getting, exactly?

Shifty Geezer(Posted 2005) [#3]
You shouldn't run an old Windows install on a new motherboard. If you switch mobo's you ought to do a clean Windows install with the right Mobo drivers. That might be causing your problems. I believe the correct order is clean install, then add mobo drivers, then video drivers, then everything else. Remove all extra cards and peripherals when you install and only add these after installing the other drivers.

I'm not sure how robust XP is and maybe this rigmarole isn't as important, but it's certainly the recommended practice for earlier Windows versions and I have known not following this process to cause problems with the system.

Samina(Posted 2005) [#4]
Error messages are:
Runtime Error!
Program: C:\Blitz\name_of_any_program_I_want_to_run.exe

abnormal termination
--------------------

I did actually install windows after changing the mobo, since it wouldn't boot the original winxp anymore.
I also istalled the software belonging to the mobo.
Could it have to do with the fact, that I installed it as a second windows, because I didn't want to risk
deleting any files that shouldn't by accident?
I will trie with another harddrive, with another OS on it and see.