When to implement sound during development process

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/When to implement sound during development process

Dax Trajero(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've never touched sound before and was wondering when the best time is during the development fo a game to implement it ?

Is it best to get everything done then put it last on the list, or is it best to implement early on ?

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
It's one of the last things I implement, personally. I sometimes use a few placeholder FX while developing, though.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#3]
Implement it whenever you want it. Don't let sound be an afterthought of your game.

VP(Posted 2005) [#4]
I went and did a few sounds before I actually started my current (actually first!) project.

A bit unorthodox, I know, but I thought I would have a change from my age-old practice of doing some graphics first. Probably because it's far easier to produce cool sounds on the PC than it is to produce cool graphics.

I haven't got a proper channeled sound handler in place in my code yet (and might not at all, depending on how things pan out). I'm more worried about getting a good particle system in place (my game revolves around it).

Dax Trajero(Posted 2005) [#5]
thanks for the input