No userlibs folder / ToolUI issues

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/No userlibs folder / ToolUI issues

Farley(Posted 2005) [#1]
I am new to Blitz3D. I have purchased the full version and installed it.

I am trying to use a 3rd party add-on, specifically "ToolUI" and I will also want to use others that require placing files into the "userlibs" folder. However, I don't have a userlibs folder anywhere inside of my Blitz3D folder.
I took it upon myself to create one and put the file in there, but this does not seem to work.

For those that want to know the specifics, programs that use the ToolUI include file result in the following error:
"Function Not Found"
Which refers to this line in the ToolUI include file:
"TDesktopW=T_GetSystemMetrics(0)"
This appears to reference something from user32.dll as defined in the .decls file in userlibs.

The only docs with ToolUI say to copy their .decls file to the userlibs folder and include their .bb file.
The docs say to do nothing additional.
This documentation is either outdated and/or very lacking.

Does someone know the solution to this one?
Thanks!

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hi Farley

Sounds to me like you need to download the latest Blitz3D update, which you can get from the updates forum here:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=41400

The version you get when first purchasing Blitz3D is a much older version.

Farley(Posted 2005) [#3]
YAK! It would appear so. Thanks very much.
===============================

However, I still have a slight problem which is that this is the FIRST place I have heard that I received an older version and need to download an update!

I did see mention of an updates section of the website, however if such section exists other than the forums, it eludes me and I have looked everywhere. (except the forums) And nothing to illude to the fact that I initially have been sent an older version.

A weightless question but I'll ask it anyway...
Why doesn't the publisher of this software make the updates more obvious and easy to find rather than rely on something like a forum to support it's product?
Like actually HAVE an obvious updates area as mentioned?

Again, thanks for your help.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#4]
Not sure why you don't get the latest version when you purchase - someone from BRL would have to answer that.

There used to be a separate section for updates but the whole site was reorganized some time back and the updates were moved to the forums. This is indeed the only place you can get the updates now. A few people have been caught out by this.

Anyway, glad you're up and running now. Enjoy! :)