Standard font

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Standard font

Farflame(Posted 2005) [#1]
Probably a dumb question, but what's the font that BB uses if you don't change it? It's just that I had that font on my screen and I've got used to it, but I needed to add another font elsewhere in the program, and I'm now stuck with that other font unless I can switch back to the basic one.

Is there a command to switch to the default font, or will I need to load it and reset it?

big10p(Posted 2005) [#2]
The only way I know of getting back to the default font is to free the currently set font. There isn't any way of just switching to it, as far as I know.

If you need a plain, small font for displaying aligned debug info, just find a TrueType font you like. Fixed width fonts are best for this, something like Courier New.

puki(Posted 2005) [#3]
I think it is the one in your 'cfg' directory (Blitz.fon) - the IDE seems to partly use verdana 8. Not sure, but I haven't checked it - just giving you a quick answer on this - swapping the font will reveal the answer.

John J.(Posted 2005) [#4]
I think the default blitz font is the one listed as "Blitz", which is installed along with blitzbasic. To switch back to the default font, just load "Blitz", like:
defaultfont = LoadFont("Blitz", 12)
SetFont defaultfont

But I don't recommend using the "Blitz" font, as you would have to distribute it along with your exe and I'm not sure what legal issues there is to that (distributing part of a commercial product). You'd be better off to just use a standard font such as "Courier New", as big10p suggested.

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#5]
I thought Arial was the default font.

puki(Posted 2005) [#6]
font_editor blitz 12
font_tabs verdana 8
font_debug verdana 8

John J.(Posted 2005) [#7]
...but I needed to add another font elsewhere in the program...

Sounds like Farflame's referring to a program he's making, so that has nothing to do with the IDE fonts listed in the editor configuration file, puki.

I thought Arial was the default font.

I've always seen a font that matched exactly with the "Blitz" font when using a Text command before any SetFont. However, "Arial" is the default font used when an invalid font name is given.