Trouble with fullscreen mode

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Trouble with fullscreen mode

XE800(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm clicking on a gadget to initiate my custom made text input engine. To prevent the mousegfx to be visible while I'm in textmode, I first do a Cls, then redraw all gfx except mouse, and move on to textinput. In windowed mode, all works well. In fullscreen however, the remnants of the mouse is still visible, flickering beneath the text input area.

I guess I could code it in a different way, but I really would like to know what causes the different behaviour between fullscreen and windowed mode.

puki(Posted 2005) [#2]
Can't you just hide the mouse pointer via B3D? That might sound obvious, but I am intrigued.

Zethrax(Posted 2005) [#3]
HidePointer and ShowPointer are the commands you want.

XE800(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks for the input, but HidePointer only works on the standard system pointer. I use a custom one.

Zethrax(Posted 2005) [#5]
I think buffer flipping via the 'Flip' command is handled differently in windowed mode than it is in fullscreen, so this may be the area where the problem is occurring.

XE800(Posted 2005) [#6]
I want my apps to work fully in both fullscreen and windowed, any quick solution to this?

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#7]
You need to FLIP buffers...
And also input$ doesn't work in fullscreen because you need to flip buffers when user inputs text and input$ takes all control from you.
So you need a custom text-input procedure and a backbuffer() render - that's the way to go...

XE800(Posted 2005) [#8]
I don't use input$, I have a custom made input routine that is loaded from an external file in order to be usable in all my progs. It does however take full control until enter is pressed. Guess I have to rewrite it to be more flexible in that aspect.

Until then though, I'll just have to make sure both buffers have been cleared and repopulated with everything but the mouse b4 going to the input routine, as that seems to have "fixed" the problem.