b3d example

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/b3d example

BerndWill(Posted 2005) [#1]
Could someone please post or redirect me to a simple b3d example ? In my blitzbasic samples, there are only md2 and 3ds examples.

I want to use carrara-4 for modelling and animation dsign and then export the model and animation, but I have no idea how to use the model and animation of the exported carrara b3d-file with blitzbasic.

Please redirect me to a b3d example.

Thanks, Bernd

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
How about:

Graphics3d 800,600
SetBuffer BackBuffer

Global cam = CreateCamera()
PositionEntity cam,0,0,-20

Global kid = LoadAnimMesh("Kid.b3d")

Global kid_take_out_weapon_1=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,4,22)    ; reach for bag 
Global kid_take_out_weapon_2=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,23,45)   ; grab weapon in bag parent weapon at start
Global kid_kneel=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,46,61)               ; kneel down
Global kid_kneel_look=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,62,90)          ; look around while kneeling
Global kid_standup=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,91,105)            ; stand up
Global kid_stand_look=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,106,199)        ; look around while standing
Global kid_start_walk=ExtractAnimSeq(kid,204,241)        ; look around while standing

Animate kid , 1, 1, kid_start_walk

While Not Keyhit(1)

UpdateWorld
   RenderWorld
   Flip
Wend
End

BerndWill(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thanks.
What program do you use to create/export the b3d file ?

Bernd

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#4]
The model was created, animated and textured in Lightwave, by the person i'm working with :o)

BerndWill(Posted 2005) [#5]
I still have problems with my own b3d files. Maybe my carrara b3d exporter isn't compatible with blitzbasic's b3d.

Could anyone please redirect me to a working b3d example file for downloading !?

Thanks !
Bernd

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#6]
Try this to save some 3ds or x mesh as a b3d:
http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=866

Yes, there is a 3D File format named .B3D, that is not Mark Siblys .B3D, although it's real exotic, I never ever saw such a file in the wild. How is it named in Carrara, do they say "Blitz B3D" or only "B3D" ?

Blitz .B3D Files are handled like .3DS Files, the same command set should work. When they contain animation, you may use LoadAnimMesh etc.

When you have convertion problems, it's always a good idea to purchase UltimateUnwrap3D, surely the best converter from/to B3D.

Gord(Posted 2005) [#7]
I beleive the b3d file format in Carrara 4 is not the Blitz format but some other format with the same initials. It raised my hopes at first but it is not Blitz format. carrara does not have x format either.What a missed oportunity for more sales.