Finally got blitz3d

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Finally got blitz3d

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#1]
Well I finally caved in and bought Blitz3D, and although it is quite oldish now, I am gobsmacked at its ease of use and power.

I really cant understand why I never bought it earlier though :)

It seems very stable, which I am really happy about. I am just hoping that it will survive a few more years ? And that support is continual, but so far it does seem that way.

Xaron(Posted 2005) [#2]
Hope so, Microsoft keeps the downwards compatibility to DirectX 7 with Longhorn and further Windows-Products...

Regards - Xaron

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#3]
are you saying they do ? Or hope they do ?

I have seen dx9 apps running on longhorn.

Xaron(Posted 2005) [#4]
I say, I _hope_ they do. ;)

Regards - Xaron

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#5]
ah ok, I hope so too :)

Xaron(Posted 2005) [#6]
Well, I think, Blitz3D will survive but doesn't get any major updates. As soon as BlitzMax gets its 3d-engine, I'll may be switch to that one.

Regards - Xaron

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#7]
Well i'm hoping the same way you guys hope they do.

ozak(Posted 2005) [#8]
All versions of DirectX is backwards compatible. It's one of it's features.

I must admit Blitz3D is highly usable and stable.
Don't go looking for fancy engine features.
World of warcraft and Warcraft 3 are great examples of not so fancy engines running fantastic artwork :)

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#9]
yeah, I am really chuffed I got it, now I am looking at the physics choices, I see there is jvODE and Tokamak, can any of you guys she some light on them ? Pros and Cons ?

I am sure it comes down to best tool for the job, I see the one is free, while the other I have to pay for. I will try out the demo's tonight and see how that goes. Maybe I will like the one over the other :)

As for gui's I cannot find BlitzUI anywhere, so I may have to shelve out for f-ui.

Xaron(Posted 2005) [#10]
I think, both physic engines are good. I use Tokamak, it's very simple to use, quite fast, stable and free.

Regards - Xaron

ozak(Posted 2005) [#11]
Try the X II lib or whatsitcalled. That's quite cool and free for non-commercial purposes IIRC :)

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#12]
Good news is that B3D currently does work in Vista. (and I've seen a possible speed up)
I was unable to get MAX to work, but its more than likely me not installing it properly :)

Have fun with B3D :D

SillyPutty(Posted 2005) [#13]
Thanks for the response guys :)

Awsome that it works in Vista !

Xaron(Posted 2005) [#14]
Thanks Cygnus, that are good news! :)

Regards - Xaron

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#15]
yehoo!!!! yeah!