RotateImage Distorting

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/RotateImage Distorting

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have a very simple rectangle I'm rotating, but it gets very distorted during rotation. The main problem is, the original non rotated image stays on top of the new ones and the new ones are all split and distorted.I don't know if this is a problem with my code, or something about the image but if anyone has any ideas, please help.

DH(Posted 2005) [#2]
Perhaps some sample code might let us help you further?

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#3]
Dim tur(45)
RotateImage turr,-45
tur(0) = turr

For i = 1 To 45
RotateImage turr,2
tur(i) = CopyImage(turr)
Print i
Next

That's the image array initialization. Then, it just cycle's through as you hit the spacebar for testing. I would put a screenshot, but I don't know how.

DH(Posted 2005) [#4]
Blitz3d image manipulations are very horrid. If your going to do any 2d work, use Blitzplus or Blitzmax.

Rotateimage is expected to return some artifacts.

Or, you can put your image on a sprite and rotate the sprite. That will give you somewhat decent results.

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#5]
So, just load the image as a sprite? I didn't know Blitz3D was worse for 2D than the others. Well, that's OK, I'm planning on moving to 3D soon. That's what I got it for.

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#6]
It looks like you're repeatedly rotating an already-rotated image, which degrades the quality. Something like the below approach should help:
Graphics 800,600
SetBuffer BackBuffer()
original=LoadImage("YourImageGoesHere.jpg")
turr = CopyImage(original)
Dim tur(45)
RotateImage turr,-45
tur(0) = turr

For i = 1 To 45
	Cls
	turr=CopyImage(original)
	RotateImage turr, -45 + 2*i
	tur(i) = CopyImage(turr)
	DrawImage tur(i),200,100
	Print i
	Flip