F.L.E. download link broken

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/F.L.E. download link broken

Duck(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi. Does anyone know if F.L.E. (Free Landscape Editor) is still around. Both links seem to be broken.

www.hoverhavok.mmocrafter.com/fle_compiled.zip

Thanks

Matty(Posted 2005) [#2]
I've been looking for it as well and it appears to have disappeared into the ether....

t3K|Mac(Posted 2005) [#3]
didn't find it either....

ckob(Posted 2005) [#4]
I believe Rifraf took it down or maybe doesnt offer it for free. His site is http://www.brianedey.com/

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
Well it was an open source project and I used to write some of the code too. So finally there ahve been two versions: Free Landscape Editor (free) and Fantastic Landscape Editor ($).

I just checked my folder, but I cannot see rifrafs release version. All I can offer is a Wip Version that saves the landscape as two meshes. (well basicly I prevered this one because it allows to set collision only on one layer of the landscapes Tris):
www.melog.ch/dl/fle_ablend3.zip
I hope there are no files missing.

chi(Posted 2006) [#6]
i found the compiled version of fle (free landscape editor) on my hdd...
if someone still interrestet i could send u a link.

cheers,chi

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#7]
I can host it. RifRaf said he's not allowed to host it anymore by contract, but he wouldn't mind if someone else would do so - at least that's what I understood :). I mean, basicly it started as an open source project, which was the reason why I added some hours of work. BTW does this version still contain the source?

chi(Posted 2006) [#8]
hi jfk,

its F.L.E v1.3 and its only the compiled one... i wish i have the source so i could lower the meshcount ;-( anyway, if you still want it -> plz give me your email ... or i can link it by myself

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#9]
Of course, link it. I'll back it up. The ablend3 source I've mentioned earlier is a very early state of the project, so maybe it's not very useful.

chi(Posted 2006) [#10]
there ya go ... http://lunamedia.heim.at/fle_compiled.zip

maybe someone knows how to reduce the meshcount from the landscape without destroying the textureblends. or is it possible?

thx, chi

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2006) [#11]
I don't think there's a Polygon Reduction tool that can handle it. Probably you could implement a smart reduction algorithm yourself (there's a example in the archives).

What I did was: clusterizing the mesh. So the clusters behind the camera and those out of the camera range will no longer be rendered. This gave me the double framerate. ClusterizeMesh is also in the archives, tho may need some modifications to work with fle geometry.

Thanks for hosting the file!

chi(Posted 2006) [#12]
thanks for the info jfk... ill check it out soon ;-)