Fullscreen woes

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Fullscreen woes

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#1]
I'm having trouble getting things to render properly in fullscreen mode. Everything works fine in a window, with debugging enabled or disabled. I'm using the latest drivers (77.72) with my NVIDIA GeForce4 MX 440.

The following scene shows my single mesh, comprised of two surfaces: the water tiles are on one surface (for shininess) and everything else is on the other. It seems that some triangles are being drawn in the wrong order, with objects that should be hidden showing through others.

What am I doing wrong?

WendellM(Posted 2005) [#2]
Just a thought: are you doing any alpha channel stuff? I recall hitting something similar with z-order going wonky when using alpha transparency (as opposed to masked transparency which didn't mess up the z-order). I'm on lunch at work, else I'd look up something more definite. :)

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#3]
Nope, no alpha. I tried disabling the shininess and my multitexturing too, no dice.

octothorpe(Posted 2005) [#4]
Fixed, but I don't understand why.

I happened upon the docs for WBuffer which state:

Normally, z-buffering is used to perform such a technique, but a z-buffer can be slightly inaccurate in 16-bit colour mode, for which the level of precision is less than in 24-bit or 32-bit colour modes. This means that in some situations, objects will appear to overlap each other when they shouldn't and so on.

I tried WBuffer, no effect. I tried increasing my colour depth from 16 to 32, that fixed it.