image saving problem

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/image saving problem

grindalf(Posted 2005) [#1]
ive been making an rpg maker and have fineshed the level designer(select diferent blocks walls grass ect...)then it saves the area as a .bmp with the walking areas in black 0,0,0(so that i can use colideimage) now the problem is it saves the area with the odd tiny green dot here and there, so when im walking around my character gets stuck on them. i think its my new graphics card but i never tested the program propely before, is this just a blitz thing or is it my card, and is there any thing i can do(apart from editing the levels in paintbrush)

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
Maybe it's the saveimage command, mucking around with the masking colour?

Rhyolite(Posted 2005) [#3]
I doubt its your gfx card, it just 'displays' stuff. I have not heard of this problem before, so very much doubt it is Blitz.

Try making a a terrain from tiles with no 'green' in them (water??) and then put a check in your 'write pixel' loop to look for anything 'green'???

Rhy :)

big10p(Posted 2005) [#4]
Blitz uses the FreeImage open source image library for loading/saving images. This is an excellent, highly developed library used extensively by software developers, so it's unlikely to be a blitz problem.

We really need to see the code you're using to draw the level image, to have any clue.