seeking how to make water & under water effects

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/seeking how to make water & under water effects

cr(Posted 2005) [#1]

markcw(Posted 2005) [#2]
*hears faint rasping sound*

is that the kitchen sink?

gosse(Posted 2005) [#3]
A little help eh?
Sounds more like a hefty load of help.
Why not start with something smaller at first?
Like trying to do a simple game with car physics, or just a car physics demo. You'll have your boots full just with this.
And maybe afterward build onto it.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#4]
I see Cr is still trying to get everyone else to write his program

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#5]
Behave yourself CR or I'll call your dad!

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#6]
cr,
Trawl through the code archives as most of your 'wants' are there such as...
Day/Night
BlitzCoder is still accessable so check the Showcase and code archives there as well.
Check the Toolbox here and BC Showcase for GUI, Particle Systems, Physics etc.

Yeshu777(Posted 2005) [#7]
So in essence, you want somebody to write all the above coding routines and send them to you.

Best of luck!

While we're at it, I'm looking for hard cash to develop a game (can't tell you the name) if anyone has some send it to...

@CR.. seriously tho, why don't you start small - ask for some underwater code (much like the dolphin sample that comes with B3d). There is also plasma based water system in the archives..

You may get more of a response.

Regards

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#8]
I think somebody HAS written them it's just a case of cr spending the time to find them.

Alienforce(Posted 2005) [#9]
Most of the things you are looking for can be found in the Code archives, If you want help with your programming supply some code you are working on and you probably get help. If you want to finish your game i think you first of all need a design document. Then you need to make your engine based on the doc. If you dont want to design your engine by yourself. I think the unreal2 engine could be something for you.

/Alienforce

ashmantle(Posted 2005) [#10]
for the upcomming Mafia style game (? Cannot tell you the name)

This is usually a tell-tell sign of a game developer that has grand plans but lacks the experience to follow through. Nobody here is going to steal your game name.

puki(Posted 2005) [#11]
Well, you could take a snifter through "jfk's" archive of goodies:

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/usercode.php?user=1981

There are a few in there that you seem to need. The 'underwater scene' one is particularly nice. There is a proper demo of it which is graphically better - but you get the idea from the original code.

Start digging away "cr".

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#12]
if I knew that... :)

Anatoly(Posted 2005) [#13]
Ambitions, ambitions...

Well, what do I know about ambitions??? I'm just working on a humble full 3D adventure with action elemnts with digitized actors in it! ;-)
Well, I too recommend to star with something else:
My first games (My learning curve):
1) You could control a car on a landscape, but if you get off the road - you're DEAD! (2D)
2) A duck is flying on a screen, you need to shoot it with a mouse (2d)
3) Simple liner point'n'click adventure
4) Adventure with impoved interface and story (I've got 1000 downloads on this one!!!)
5) My first Blitz project - script driven first person adventure game engine - never got time to polish it, but it was too ugly to release anyway, but it still worked!
6) 3D Adventure with 6 degrees of freedom! - coming soon!

But, yeah, we all dreamed about making another DOOM/GTA/MAX PAYNE when we didn't know how to code! ;-)

cr(Posted 2005) [#14]
yeah i want you to write my program for me ?

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#15]
oh, Cool, Okay then!

I'll write your game for you. for free! as long as i get a free copy i dont mind! I'd love to help! when do we start? Seriously!

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#16]
no comment.

post scriptum: don't rate this as spam... no comment on this IS a comment

cr(Posted 2005) [#17]
ASAP if u dnt mind

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#18]
Can I ask a question?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#19]
I thought English was the most spoken language in Australia. I must be mistaken...

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#20]
i guess you can, cygnus....

Hotcakes(Posted 2005) [#21]
Ross, leave us Aussies alone... we're convicts!

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#22]
I'd like to ask how Gullible CR is.

Who was John Galt?(Posted 2005) [#23]

Damien Sturdy(Posted 2005) [#24]
*SNIGGERS* :-D

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#25]
Cr... who are you at all?

cr(Posted 2005) [#26]
a human

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#27]
I'm sure...

danjo(Posted 2005) [#28]
not a very funny one at that btw.

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#29]
sorry...

CodeD(Posted 2005) [#30]
Didn't you hear? Gorey is out. It's overplayed. Now, clean gaming is making a comeback. People are getting so bored to tears with blood and guts dripping from their lcd screens, they are beginning to long once again for enemies that pop or squish when you kill them! ;)