Normal human models ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Normal human models ?

Ekix(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hello guys

Has anyone got any hint what would be the easiest way to "create" b3d animated humans from some game (Max Payne or whatewer).
I just would like them to walk around in a terrain or other place. (no commercial purposes, just for hobby)
I know that MilkShape (which I do have) can do it, but it's hard to get started, and I'm lazy :=)
And what game would have the most realistic and not too hard to handle human models.

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Milkshape can import a lot of formats, althoug it may or may not be capable of importing the animation as well, depending an the format. NOLF 1 that was on several free cover disks lately has a lot of very nice, tho lowpoly human models, plays in the 60ies, kind of like Austin Powers style, but probably not that obvous.

If you want to create the chars by yourself, I'd suggest to use Milkshape for modelling and CharacterFX for Animation, or you could try PaceMaker (Free version, in the Toolbox I guess) for the Animation.

I have made a tutorial for animating a walking character lately:
http://www.melog.ch/tutorial/walkcycle/

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#3]
You might be able to get the models (and animation) converted using Unwrap3D.

Check out (and download) the huge list of import/export plugins on the download page.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#4]
I'm curious, Milkshape does animation, why create in milkshape then animate in character fx?

still learning big time here, so always have questions:)

Beaker(Posted 2005) [#5]
Because Milkshapes animation is inferior to CharacterFX which in turn is inferior to Fragmotion (IMO).

Ekix(Posted 2005) [#6]
I did download the demo of NOLF 1 and unpacked the NOLF.REZ file with Dragon UnPACKer which seems to be nice tool.
After importing the ABC character model(s)in MilkShape I did not see any textures and no animations.
The skeleton came OK.

Any hints hoe to get textures & animations to work?

Raitsun(Posted 2005) [#7]
The Textures are probably somewhere else in the data-dir. Search for them.
Then you can use the Texture Coordinator of Milkshape to check if the Texture coordinates have been imported.
Then just setup new materials with the textures you found.

If the TexCoords were not imported u will have to fix that problem and setup the Texture coordinates yourself. Milkshape isn't the best idea for that... you could use Lithunwrap.

Then you could try out making some own textures...
If you want a good alternative to Photoshop:
The Gimp 2.2
This Program is good enough for any hobbydesigner an FREE!

Raitsun