Don't you hate?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Don't you hate?

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#1]
at least two hours of frustration over a simple typo

ches\chests = first chests

should be

ches.chests = first chests

the fact that i had read it a gazillion times (granted, i'm probably exagerating just a little:P), didnt help

I then revert to the last known good working copy, and spot it straight away. /sigh

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
Of course, we all hate that. Did you ever freeze your machine by creating a sphere and accidently using a parent handle as the number-of-faces parameter? ouch!

Delerna(Posted 2005) [#3]
or putting a server into an infinite loop because you forgot to increment the loop controll variable

Gord(Posted 2005) [#4]
I make lots of mistakes cos my eyesight is bad. I spend half my time trying to find that thin cursor when I make a mistake.I have enlarged the font, which helps but cannot do the same with the cursor. The Microsoft magnifier helps
but is a nuisance, allways getting in the way.

big10p(Posted 2005) [#5]
I have enlarged the font, which helps but cannot do the same with the cursor.

Yes you can. :)

There's a file called 'blitzide.prefs' which is in your blitz3d\cfg folder; edit it so that edit_blkcursor has a value of 1.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#6]
i use bide gui for b3d and blizt+ on normal. bide seems to be working ok, although if i could get b3d working without id try it. (stripped every damn reference to blide from registry manually still wouldnt work - uninstalled and reinstalled plus and 3d too)

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#7]
lol @ jfk know exactly what you mean ;)

MrCredo(Posted 2005) [#8]
i like .

but i hate & and | - symbols... i forgot it every time!!!!!!!!!!!!

Baba(Posted 2005) [#9]
Gord, you can find the cursor spot easily by selecting some text ie. holding shift down and using arrow keys.

-b

PowerPC603(Posted 2005) [#10]
Just now, I was trying to create a mod for BMax.
Into that module, I included a file called TWareType.bmx.
But I typed: Include "objecttypes\TWareype.bmx"

I tried to compile the module, and the compiler told me that it couldn't find the file TWareype.bmx.

Because I knew that I just created the file (with correct spelling), I didn't see that I had an error in my code.
You see the missing "T" inside my Include-line?

I didn't, and was trying to figure out why the **** it wasn't working.
It took me about 15 minutes to find the error.
Also the move to BMax (which uses: Local varname:TWareType) made a few errors when programming back into B3D (uses: Local varname.TWareType).

PowerPC603(Posted 2005) [#11]
Just now, I was trying to create a mod for BMax.
Into that module, I included a file called TWareType.bmx.
But I typed: Include "objecttypes\TWareype.bmx"

I tried to compile the module, and the compiler told me that it couldn't find the file TWareype.bmx.

Because I knew that I just created the file (with correct spelling), I didn't see that I had an error in my code.
You see the missing "T" inside my Include-line?
I even checked the error that the compiler-output and didn't see the error.

I didn't, and was trying to figure out why the **** it wasn't working.
It took me about 15 minutes to find the error.
Also the move to BMax (which uses: Local varname:TWareType) made a few errors when programming back into B3D (uses: Local varname.TWareType).