Terrain Bug

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Terrain Bug

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#1]
Whenever I load a terrain, it ends up completely flat
1.It is 256x256
2.Ive tried with both bmp and jpg
3.No matter how i draw it it is completely flat.
4.I AM doing grayscale, ive also tried without grayscale

This never happened to me until one of the latest updates,Ive reinstalled plenty of times, now it always does it.

Rhyolite(Posted 2005) [#2]
I think you need to post some code if possible ;)

Rhy :)

GitTech(Posted 2005) [#3]
ScaleEntity terrain,1,100,1

?

EDIT: You can also use other values instead of 100, it depends on how you want it to look.

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#4]
What do you mean by code Rhyolite, its just LoadTerrain("Terrain.jpg"), i dont edit it in any other way and its always Flat

Rhyolite(Posted 2005) [#5]
Well, try what GitTech said - increase the scale of your height y axis. Also, not sure about this, but you might need to use a .bmp image rather than .jpg

Local Terrain = LoadTerrain("Terrain.bmp")
ScaleEntity(Terrain,1,100,1)

Rhy :)

GitTech(Posted 2005) [#6]
Using a jpg for the heightmap shouldn't be a problem.

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#7]
well for some reason it varies how much i have to raise the height by, sometimes its 10, sometimes 5,sometimes 100

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#8]
Jpg will cause some form of image degradation when it's saved. SO it won't be a perfect copy of what you've created.

ozak(Posted 2005) [#9]
It's always flat for some reason. Puzzled me to. But as mentioned, just scale it :)

Grovesy(Posted 2005) [#10]
I have noticed this too when I was following a tutorial which included scaling it, but it still remained flat.

The only thing I could think of is that I am currently using the demo veriosn of B3D. What about you Zach3D?

Zach3D(Posted 2005) [#11]
I bought blitz3D almost 7 months ago, it didnt start doing it until a week before i started this thread, and it was after a recent update.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#12]
Could you post your code?

Leiden(Posted 2005) [#13]
Try using the heightmap from the 'Driver' demo in the Mak folder. The following code should work fine:

Terrain = LoadTerrain("Heightmap.jpg")
ScaleEntity Terrain, 1, 20, 1
TerrainDetail Terrain, 2000, True

That should create your basic terrain, if it doesnt I'd be suprised :P