trying to get function

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/trying to get function

cr(Posted 2005) [#1]

Rhyolite(Posted 2005) [#2]
Perhaps you should be using an 'authoring' tool like 3D Game Studio?? I am just guessing at this based on some of your previous posts ;)

http://www.conitec.net/a4info.htm

Otherwise, I am not aware of anything off the top of my head. Matrix style slow motion is going to effect your whole code, so not really gonna be a 'function'.

Facial animation is gonna have to be done in a modelling and/or animating editor first.

Hope that helps,
Rhy :)

markcw(Posted 2005) [#3]
in the current newsletter you will find a link to FEE:

Face Expression Elements

In the words of author jfk, 'FEE is not a tool, but an interactive study of the theory that unveils some indepth cgi industry secrets.' A great little program to play around with.

Download FEE
http://www.melog.ch/dl/fee_theory.zip

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
"unveils some indepth cgi industry secrets" haha, sounds great, no?
I think this won't help you cr. Seems like you still didn't understand what "programming" means. To code some Bullettime FX is so easy when you know how to code. Facial animations requires the right Character meshes with a face bones system, and then you need to animate them, using your animation skills. Additionally you need to implement this in a Blitz compatibe way, that means you most likely will have to work around some problems.

Take my advice: start simple, make something simple that works (eg. a very basic FPS game engine). Then you may add things one by one.

BlitzAdict(Posted 2005) [#5]
Another Advice: never give up. I started 6 game projects so far... 5 of them went over the river styx.
the 6th one on the other hand... just yesterday i got the computer to fly his spaceship as i want him to... that was a happy night. :D
And with every project that failed i gained lots of experience... for example i now code very differently then i did in the beginning.

In general: Good luck. I really hope that your project will become an amazing success.