Maplet lights

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Maplet lights

Gord(Posted 2005) [#1]
I have designed a level in Maplet which includes lighting. How do I show the actual lights as round orbs rather than just the glow of the lights.I have in mind a sphere shaped sprite, but how do I produce it in Blitz?

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#2]
I tend to build the lights into the maplet geometry by filling a column into null space, textured with a 2x2 blank white image - as you can see, you get a small round light fixture. I then add coronas to highlight the lights in Blitz (folk tend to use sprites* although I used cones in the piccy), which is just a case of noting down each light position in Maplet and adjusting accordingly when placing the objects in Blitz.

If you wanted to use sprites to represent the light fixtures it would be the same principle. How much do you actually know about creating and placing sprites? I don't want to patronise you.

*Or quads, but you can worry about the difference later.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#3]
glad some peeps use Maplet, have a question, is it me or does the rotate function not work?

(go on, say its me:P)

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#4]
It's you :P No, wait a minute. It works, but sometimes there's a nasty lag with all operation. You should never use the mouse too fast when you do things like rotating. I remember for rotating the map (or say orbit the camera around the scene) you need to use some hotkey combination that is described in the docs.

So simply move the mouse slowly to prevent the lag. If you once got that lag, you best reset the camera position, using the reset menu option.

Nicstt(Posted 2005) [#5]
thx

Gord(Posted 2005) [#6]
Thanks for the advice. I like the picture.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#7]
It's ancient but illustrative.