Not happy

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Not happy

cr(Posted 2005) [#1]

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#2]

And someone told me that b3d is dx9 rendering

Blitz3D is not DX9 - no shaders etc. If someone told you that it has he didn't know jack. Always check the product pages before buying or email authors if in doubt. This sentence from the product page should have been a clear clue:

Requirements: Windows 95/98/ME/2000/XP; Hardware accelerated video card; DirectX7 or greater.

If Blitz3D would have DX9 stuff it would require DX9 hardware too, right?

Is their a source
so i can upgrade and fix this problem
so that dx7 become 9

Blitz3D is not open source & free stuff so why would there be a source available? :)

And if you think you could "fix" (upgrade) Blitz3D to DX9 you're obviously so good coder that you don't need Blitz3D to begin with.

i dnt like opengl i am more comfortable with d3d

Blitz3D *IS* DirectX based, BlitzMAX is OpenGL. Are you sure that you don't mix up products here totally?

Directx 7 is way under date
and buggy.

DX7 might be old, but it sure isn't buggy (in Blitz3D), quite the contrary. And DX9 (shaders) would not save anyone like discussed in these forums many times before. It would NOT make your game automagically Awesome, it would just make the development longer and harder... few ppl here even understand what shaders are - and struggle to produce ANYTHING even with DX7 (="easy") tech... crying for more in such situation seem to me just wanting to have an excuse for "not being able to do anything because the language is so crap" when you true reason is lack of skills / motivation / will to do really anything.

All these comments above are meant to be taken in constructive way, of course.

cr(Posted 2005) [#3]

JustLuke(Posted 2005) [#4]
I think I would pay good money to see what cr could do with the source code for B3d.

tonyg(Posted 2005) [#5]
I think you should look at DB Pro.
DBPRO
or try Cobra when it's available...
Cobra
or Torque..
Torque
There are a lot of other DX9 capable engines out there.
Good luck.

Mustang(Posted 2005) [#6]

is their other engines being made or a available with blitz3d that use opengl or dx 8 or 9

Not really... there was (sort of) VividGL for Blitz3D but if it's still around or even working, I don't know. Basically Blitz3D is what it is, BlitzMAX might have few alternatives during this year and onwards - and also author made OGL 3D-module.

i just want alot of new features
for a game i am making

My advice would be "start small", like tetris or something until you're fluent with the language before attempting to do the next WoW-killer made with Blitz3D.

and wheres the level editors

http://www.blitzbasic.co.nz/Products/maplet.php

It's not full-blown "level editor" though.

Oddball(Posted 2005) [#7]
Wow, your game requires Dx9. That sounds really innovative. So what elements of Dx9 are required for the gameplay to work? A lot of games nowadays use Dx9 for extra bells and whistles, but I've not heard of one requiring it as the bases of the game.

Andy(Posted 2005) [#8]
>I get alot of errors which sux,

The error you described in the other post is most likely due to missing external ressources(images, heightmaps etc.) or poor programming(using floats for handles etc.).

>And someone told me that b3d is dx9 rendering

Look at the productpage before buying a product.

>not happy at all,

Too bad.

>Is their a source so i can upgrade and fix this problem
>so that dx7 become 9.

No!

>dx7 is too outdated,I am sick of lies

DX7 is perfect for shareware games. Shareware is the only market 'bedroomcoders' can compete in, as they don't have millions of dollars to devote to their projects. Seen in that light, B3D seems to be well suited to the market it serves.

Who lied to you?

>b3d can become dx9.0c Anyone who owns b3d should be owning
>the source not paying for a outdated binary file,
>How else a you meant to make it directx 9

The deal with proprietary software is that you get the product as is, meaning that you can't change it. If the author wants it to be DX9, he'll make it happen.

>So please if it is in your interest you would let others
>have the source code, Directx 7 is way under date and
>buggy.

DX7 today runs on most computers running Windows, which means it is still current. To my knowledge DX7 in not buggy.
DX7 and thus B3D is perfectly suited to the shareware marked, which is realistcally the best place to compete for the bedroom coder these days.

>is their other engines being made or a available with
>blitz3d that use opengl or dx 8 or 9

Try http://www.darkbasic.com where you will find Darkbasic Pro. DBP *REQUIRES* DX9, atleast if you want all of the updates and features they have released.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=43803#489394
>One question is anyone interested in joining me with the
>making of my commercial game because its going to be
>BIG !!!!

-Do you know how to manage the production of a game?
-Are you a solid coder?
-Are you able to create or legally obtain any external resources you need(graphics, music etc)
-Do you have the willpower to see a project through?
-Do you have an active imagination and a problem solving mind?

If you can't honestly answer yes to every question, then you are like most people here. Very few people have 'the right stuff' and are able to see the project through.

Looking at your post history, you sound like a happy amateur. That's not bad or even a problem in itself, I'm a very happy amateur myself and so are many others here. The problem comes if you spend more time blaming your tools instead of recognizing that your abilities may not measure up to the project.

Andy

GfK(Posted 2005) [#9]
Bad workmen always blame their tools.

I suggest 'cr' codes something in Blitz3D, then explains to us all how DX9 would have made it any better.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#10]
Getting lots of DX9 errors is obviously far cooler than getting lots of DX7 ones.

Aoneweb(Posted 2005) [#11]
IB Pro will be DX9

Ice9(Posted 2005) [#12]
When all you have is a hammer it's
typical to treat all your problems as nails.

Aoneweb(Posted 2005) [#13]
CR, go here: http://www.blitzbasic.com/Community/posts.php?topic=47605