Death Derby Vengeance - my first Blitz3D Project

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Death Derby Vengeance - my first Blitz3D Project

earok(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi there,

I've just finished the second release of my very first Blitz Basic project, ''Death Derby Vengeance"

http://erik.generalsmack.com/ddv.htm

I've stopped development of the game for the time being but I was wondering if I could get some suggestions with what I should do to improve the game and how I would go about achieving that.

Many thanks!
--
Erik Hogan

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#2]
Well I had a quick look at the screen shots...the cars look good but the environment is lack-lustre (..you should really be able to see this yourself!)...providing your actual physics are passable then I'd start working on some better and more interesting environments for a smash up, particles for smoke,sparks etc (there are some great free particle libraries for blitz)and finally some on screen indicators. For a first pass it looks good though.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#3]
Yea, the cars look good :o) Butthe enviroments are... lacking/non existant :o)

Orgull(Posted 2005) [#4]
fun!

some "bounce" or "flip" physics on impact would make it more interesting, but all in all, a very good first job.

earok(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thanks for the suggestions guys, i'll give a particle package a test at some stage. I've had complaints from other people that the explosions need a bit of work..

By environment do you mean the level itself is rather bland? How should I go about improving it.

Hujiklo(Posted 2005) [#6]
Think of a few themes....city centre, arena, car park, beach or whatever put in your basics and then enbroider with extra details which will come to you as you view your own work in the game.

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#7]
That was Fun! It's way better than I could do for a first try. I still havn't finished anything :)