Debug info

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Debug info

Farflame(Posted 2005) [#1]
I've just upgraded to the latest version of Blitz and I can't work out where to find the debug info after a program is finished. In my old version, there was a 'debug' tab at the top right, along with the 'funcs', 'types' and 'labels' tabs, so I could click that and see the state of the variables when the program had ended. It's not there now, so how do I get up the debug info at the point my program crashed?

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#2]
The debug window is only open while your program is running and in debug mode. The debug log is located on the debug window.

Farflame(Posted 2005) [#3]
Hmmm yes, but in the older version of Blitz, after a program had ended I could click the debug tab and look at the state of variables when the program had crashed. Is there no way to do that now?

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#4]
Write the debug info to a file?

Floyd(Posted 2005) [#5]
If there was an error you can still look at variables and the debug log after the Runtime Error message appears. Just don't click the OK button. One minor annoyance is that the error message box stays on top of the other windows. But you can drag it over to a corner where it is out of the way.

If the program reached an End statement, explicit or implied, then debug info is no longer available. Use Stop instead of End.

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#6]
Someone over at blitzcoder, had a really good debugger they had written. Can't remember for the life of me now who...