Gravity in games

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Gravity in games

Maximus Primal(Posted 2005) [#1]
Silly question. Does blitz apply gravity of some sorts to ALL 3D objects? I ask because I have just created a test track with a steep banked corner and everytime I try to take it my ship falls towards the wall and hits it. I have no gravity setting in place within my game so I am thinking that blitz must be going it of it's own accord, as it happens even if I am stearing away from the wall.

Anyone know about this at all?

Max

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
Blitz doesn't automatically do that, no. It's because i set your ship to slow down over time, so it's probably angled towards the ground and moving towards it.

Maximus Primal(Posted 2005) [#3]
No, that is my point. No matter what direction the ship is facing it heads for this wall. I can be looking directly away from it and it still glides towards it.

Even if the speed is at 0 - ie a dead stop, it STILL falls towards this wall on the curve. Ok the curve is at around an 80 degree at one point, so it is REALLY steep. Could the colliison command effect this as I have it set to 2 (slide1 - full sliding collision), would it be better set to 3 (slide2 - prevent entities from sliding down slopes)?

Could that be part of the problem? If it is would the collision seting stop be using loops and corkscrews on the track?

Max

GfK(Posted 2005) [#4]
Could the colliison command effect this as I have it set to 2 (slide1 - full sliding collision), would it be better set to 3 (slide2 - prevent entities from sliding down slopes)?
I think you've answered your own question.

Maximus Primal(Posted 2005) [#5]
Thought so....