Joystick/pad problems

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Joystick/pad problems

Maximus Primal(Posted 2005) [#1]
Gezz I can't win at the moment can I? Okay here is my latest problem:

I bought a USB joypad (A Logic3 JP274 controler, similar in style to a PS2 controler). Windows says it is working perfectly and I can see all the buttons lightup, sticks move on the control panel program that is installed with the driver.

However Blitz can only see the 12 buttons and the right hand stick move left/right (but not up/down). It cannot appear to see the left stick at all. I am using a variation on the Joystick example in the help file as shown below.

Other software I have can see all the sticks and buttons. It appears to be only Blitz that has a problem. Also how do I read the main D-Pad? I cannot seem to read that at all! Also is there any of turning the vibration on at all?

Sorry for all the questions.

Max

Any ideas what is wrong?

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#2]
Max,

Some analogues work differently ... for a PS2 joypad I use JOYX , JOYY for the left analogue. If the analogue button is off this reads the normal digital pad. For the right analogue I use JOYROLL and JOYZ.

Maybe someone else has the same joypad as you can help.

WolRon(Posted 2005) [#3]
This is why a controls setup screen in your game is a good idea.

Maximus Primal(Posted 2005) [#4]
Thanks. I appreicate the comments. I thought that it was a lot more standard than that these days. I have checked and I also need to read JoyX,Y&Z to get the sticks up. Seems really strange to me. Oh well. Thanks again.

Max

WedgeBob(Posted 2006) [#5]
Okay, now that the PS2 joypad is covered, how would the XBox joypad worked, now that we are on that topic, give or take? That one may be a little more complex, since the XBox has more buttons than some other consoles.

Stevie G(Posted 2006) [#6]
Check out Pongo's configuration utility in the code archives ... comes with source.

Stevie