Need a good FREE 3D Modelling Software!!!

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Need a good FREE 3D Modelling Software!!!

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#1]
Any one know of any good FREE modelling software I can download? I tried to download gameSpace off this site, but I tried it 4 times and every time it freezes in the middle of downloading. I also tried this thing called Wings 3D but it's too hard to use. Where can I get a good free modeller?

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#2]
http://www.blender3d.org

http://www.delgine.com

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#3]
Does blender work with 3DS and X? And I thought delgine was just for landscapes?

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#4]
Ha! If he found wings hard he aint gona like blender.
Granty3: You should keep trying at wings, I have tried about 20 or 30 modelers and once you play with wings a bit longer I think you will find it to be the easiest. Try a few tuts and stuff, read the docks. Then move into blender.
I say this becouse using blender is a lot like wings. In wings you can even set it to use a blender style cam interface.

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#5]
One more thing. I got some 3ds models from 3dcafe.com and Wings can't load them. Are they copyrighted somehow?

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#6]
Check the file extention of those models. If the extention is not .wings, you will have to Import them. And wings only imports, .3ds, .ndo, .ai, and .ojb.
.3ds is the most commen.
I they are copyright you can find out at the site you got them at.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#7]

I thought delgine was just for landscapes?

Nope.

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#8]
I've basically figured out wings. I think I'll be able to work with it for right now.

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#9]

I've basically figured out wings.

You've gotten further with it than me, then! Should also mention Anim8or - you can't try out too many modellers as you never know which one will just click.

RiverRatt(Posted 2005) [#10]
Ya thats a great one, and now we can import the animations.

gpete(Posted 2005) [#11]
The best thing to discover in Wings is the "Tweak" command under Tools........
Have Fun!

Picklesworth(Posted 2005) [#12]
Wow, I didn't know DeleEd came along so far so fast!