Why SaveBuffer does not work ?

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Why SaveBuffer does not work ?

lo-tekk(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi all there,
I like to take a screenshot from within my app. But the command:
If KeyHit(183) Then SaveBuffer(FrontBuffer(),"screenshot.bmp")

halts the program flow for a short moment but save no image at all.
Thank you
lo-tekk

Stevie G(Posted 2005) [#2]
Have you tried saving the backbuffer()? Not sure what you're drawing setup is though?

lo-tekk(Posted 2005) [#3]
Thank you for your suggestion, but same result with Backbuffer. The command is nested within the mainloop; Graphics3D initialized, all runs well. Beside of this. Pressing
the key halts the program just like grabbing the image, but
no save to harddrive. Strange.
------------------------------------------------------------

It works with another key. Maybe its keyboard driver
related.

Thank You

big10p(Posted 2005) [#4]
Key 183 is the "SysReq/Print Screen" key which, under windows, copies a screenshot to the clipboard. This why you get the pause when pressing it.

Different keyboards/drivers mean some of the more obscure keys may not be useable in blitz. It seems key 183 isn't working on your PC.

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#5]
Sorry to hijack your thread for my own issues, but when I tried to save an image of my game, it saves it, but the player and explosions, and some other images are not in the screenshot. I tried placing it in different parts of my code thinking it was saving before the images were drawn but it still does the same thing. I will try to put it in a different spot, but any suggestions?

Crazy4Code(Posted 2005) [#6]
Oh, nevermind, I fixed it. It was not between flip and cls

lo-tekk(Posted 2005) [#7]
Thank you for all replies. Finally i have changed the key to some more ordinary. Didn't knew about this PRINTSCREEN feature. What a shame ;-)
@Grantyt3: NP