overlaying info (2d on 3d most likely)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/overlaying info (2d on 3d most likely)

Uhfgood(Posted 2005) [#1]
I need to output some variables to the screen in 2d, and I have to do it after renderworld... but I need to draw the text at the time I want to view the variable. say i'm studying the x position of a model, and I want to update it in realtime to the screen over my scene... How do I do that?

Keith

Sledge(Posted 2005) [#2]
If the variable has changed by the time renderworld is called then use another variable to keep track of it at the point you desire and text out that instead.

EDIT: By the way, I'm having a bit of trouble understanding how this problem is arising for you in this particular context - a model is always going to be where it is at the point of rendering; so just render, text-out the values you need (and you could interrogate the object directly if needed... text x,y,entityx(myObject)) then flip.

Uhfgood(Posted 2005) [#3]
Sorry I said it incorrectly, i merely meant as an example updating the display of the position on screen... and yeah I just update a variable and display it before flipping... grabbed it out of the code archives too... thanks though!