Rain effect

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/Rain effect

David819(Posted 2005) [#1]
Hi, I'm trying to make a rain effect. problem is it doesn't look realistic, can anyone help me with hints and possibly abit of help with coding. thanks. (if it will help i will put up my code so far, if required).

Caff(Posted 2005) [#2]
How about this?

http://www.blitzbasic.com/codearcs/codearcs.php?code=474

_PJ_(Posted 2005) [#3]
Use a paricle engine which recycles sprites as they land and splash. Keep a separate field to know whether the raindrops are splashing, then for these change the animation frames. The falling raindrops will have static animation frames of 1.

Depending on the perspective of the game, you may wish in fact to have a secondary particle engine to deal with the splashes so that they can be portrayed in 3D.

David819(Posted 2005) [#4]
I've had a look at Mikkel Fredborg code and is the best i've seem of that effect yet. i want to do something simular but with extra effects. I'm using a single surface particle system which does recycling but i'm stuck on making the rain look realistic, i need help with the textures and such to make the rain look real and then will be able to move onto extras like splashes. can anyone help with this.