something about.. animation! (software related)

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/something about.. animation! (software related)

goodeep(Posted 2005) [#1]
hi to all!
after having messed around for a week or so trying demo software, working for what i have and so on, i'm stuck in my "3d animation workflow".
i'm using the wonderful freeware wings 3d for modelling and i'm very confortable with it. i like its auto uv as well. now, i've seen a lot of people concentrating on small programs (which i personally prefer, little applications for different little task) for animating BONES. 3d canvas is so so, character fx is very good and cheap, milkshape can be good and so on. but.. what if i simply want to SCALE a character? or doing some morphing in addition to the bone-movements? no one seems to be interest, but i really don't know how to solve my problem. it would be great to do my animations in poser (great for bone-animations and all the other stuff, including scaling), but i cannot find a way to export it so that i can use the models in b3d. i've checked out solutions to do this via 3dstudio, but they are expensive or not-working (eg, gesture-max cannot export animation). plus i don't find confortable with 'big' programs (apart they can cost you know how much). 3d canvas is rather good for my needs but again, how to export the animations (rotation, scaling, bone-animation) in order to use them within blitz?

tia
gu

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#2]
AFAIK several people gave up trying to port poser content to blitz...

You may save them frame by frame in non-animated 3ds, then make a MD2 out of it, but I think it's not worth the effort.

If I was you then I'd save then without animation and bone+animate them in Pacemaker of CharacterFX.

goodeep(Posted 2005) [#3]
characterfx is fine, as i wrote, but it's only for skeletal animation, which i find limiting..