3D objects and worlds

Blitz3D Forums/Blitz3D Beginners Area/3D objects and worlds

coach(Posted 2005) [#1]
To create things to put in a 3D world, I know you need a certain program. I have Floor Plan 3D v8 and Turbo CAD Designer v9. Would either of those work?

Ross C(Posted 2005) [#2]
Depends on what formats they export to. Have a look at the load mesh command and see if them programs can export any of them :o)

GfK(Posted 2005) [#3]
I'd hazard a guess that the two programs you mentioned to not export to any format that Blitz supports.

Try Milkshape3D if you're poor, or 3D Studio Max if you're not.

puki(Posted 2005) [#4]
DeleD is free and simple - I quite like it.

http://www.blitzbasic.com/toolbox/toolbox.php?tool=68

jfk EO-11110(Posted 2005) [#5]
FloorPlan may export in formats that can be converted to Blitz with some freeware converters, eg: vrml .WRL, to .3DS, using Crossroads3D or any other 3D Converter. There is one Problem with FloorPlan: The meshes are far away from being useful for realtime rendering. in realtime rendering everythig depends on a low number of Triangles. The tricks and skills of LowPoly Modelling are a serious Science today.

There are many freeware Apps that let you create Meshes the hard way, without fancy presets like in Floorplan (adding a stariway, adding a door or a roof etc.) but in the end you will get a mesh that works for Realtime Rendering.

I'd say if a simple little house has more than 10 thousand triangles, then it's way too much.

Here in the download area you can get your free version of Maplet, that is very useful for creating Buildings. You may also Download "Decorator" that will help you to edit the textures of a Maplet Building (since textures are not a thing that Maplet handles well ), get Decorator from the toolbox or from blitzcoder.com, don't remember exactly right now.

For furniture and tems you may use other Modelers

There's DeleD, that is free in the light version. It's very good, from what I heared.
There is Blender, a fullfledged 3D App that has kind of a heavy learning curve and may be not so easy. Open Source and free.

There is Wings3D, also for free.

There are several Versions of Cinema4D that have been released for free on some cover disks of PC magazines.

There's PaceMaker (see toolbox) for Character Animation, featuring a free "halflight" version.

you may want to download Lithunwrap 1.3 for free, or buy it's sequel UltimateUnwrap3D (also the best Format Converter), that will help you to Map your Meshes professionally.

And there's a big lot of further tools, many of them for free. Take some time and read the ratings on www.3dlinks.com (req. Javascript).